Got Questions About Your Lawn Care?
We’ve Got Answers!
1. When is the best time to apply week-control fertilizer?
We recommend scheduling weed-control fertilizer applications as early in the season as possible, typically in March, and as early as February. Spring fertilizers contain pre-emergent, which stops and prevents weed growth. If a delay is required, we can place a hold on the account.
2. Which Treatments kill and control weeds?
Our Spring applications contain pre-emergent weed control, which help to control the weeds for the remainder of the growing season. As we head into summer, so begins our blanket applications of weed control when needed. Each application of fertilizer will include a spot treatment of weeds, should weeds be present. We also offer FREE service calls for weed control. If you still have weeds present in the lawn after 7-10 days of our service, we will return within 2 business days for re-treatment of the weeds at no additional cost.
3. What are the main ingredients in your fertilizers?
Fertilizers contain nitrogen to improve growth and color, phosphorus for proper root development and potassium for drought tolerance.
4. Are there pesticides in your applicators?
Yes. Our perimeter pest control and specialty pest treatment contain pesticides. Our weed control contains an herbicide.
5. Why are there flags in my yard indicating pest control use when I did not order a pest control application?
Our weed control is a herbicide, but is classified as pest control. If weed control was used, technicians will place pest control flags.
6. How long should I wait between fertilizer treatments?
A minimum 4-week window between fertilizer applications is required to avoid burning out the grass. Successive rounds are scheduled 4 to 5 weeks after the last treatment.
7. My plans have changed, can I have my treatment done ASAP?
Yes, if you are within the time allowance for the next application, your treatment can be done as soon as possible. Please call or send us an email to make arrangements.
8. How many applications do you recommend?
We recommend 7 applications for long-lasting weed control and optimal lawn health.
9. It rained right after my lawn was treated - does it need to be re-treated?
If the lawn was treated with a granular product, the rain will benefit the lawn. If it was treated with a liquid product, the liquid contains a sticker to prevent it from being washed off by rain. If the rain was particularly hard and a liquid product was used, please call to schedule a repeat application.
10. How long should I wait to water my lawn?
Please wait 1 hour to water after a granular application. We prefer you water your lawn early in the morning.
11. When should I water my lawn?
To prevent disease and pests, we recommend watering in the early morning, before the sun rises. Do not water after 6 p.m. to prevent damage to the lawn.
12. Why is my bill higher than last year?
Due to the rising cost of quality fertilizers, prices have necessarily increased. We strive to offer only top-of-the-line products to ensure performance and customer satisfaction.
13. I pre-paid for my applications, why am I still being charged?
A technician will always leave a payment slip to indicate the application has been completed. If your slip does not indicate a zero balance, please call.
14. What do I do if the technician missed an area?
Please call or email our customer service team at email@example.com as soon as possible so we can review the technician’s notes and schedule a time to treat the missed area if needed.
15. My lawn was just treated for weeds, when will they die?
Please allow up to 2 weeks for browning and death. If weeds reoccur, a second application may be needed.
16. I received an extra service or a service I did not order.
Please call us as soon as possible so we can review account notes to ensure the correct services were rendered.
17. Technician Treated the wrong address.
Please call and we will schedule the technician to come to your property as soon as possible.
18. My sprinkler heads were damaged during aeration.
Please mark damaged heads and call us to schedule necessary repairs..
19. I can't log into my customer account on your website.
If you have forgotten your password or would like to re-register for a Fit Turf account, please call or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you. You may be required to choose a new password.
20. How long should I wait to mow my lawn?
Please wait 24 hours after application to mow your lawn.
21. What height should I set to mow my lawn?
We recommend between 3 and 3.5 inches.
22. My grass is growing too fast, is there a way to slow it down?
Our slow-release formulas continue to feed your lawn for 4 to 6 weeks after application. Treatments may be delayed to help slow lawn growth.
23. How can I tell if I have grubs?
There are certain signs you can look for to tell if you have grubs:
- If your grass pulls up like a carpet.
- If animals are digging at your lawn.
- If you have brown spots.
- If you have a lot of Japanese beetles.